Heatwave to return to France with temperatures forecast to hit 40C
The sun and heat are returning to France this week, with four departments already placed on orange alert -- the second highest warning -- for heatwaves by the country's national weather agency Meteo France. The departments concerned are ArdÃ¨che, DrÃ´me and RhÃ´ne in the south east and the PyrÃ©nÃ©es-Orientales department on the Mediterranean coast. People in these areas are advised to be very vigilant due to the risk of dangerous weather. The alerts were put in place at 6 am on Monday and are set to remain in place until at least Tuesday at 6 am. READ ALSO:
- How to keep cool during France's heatwave (especially at work)
- How to make the most of Paris in the summer heat
- Weather forecast: What's on the horizon for France this summer?
- The best and worst things about France in the summer
- Can people go topless in French towns in the summer?
- The areas of France most at risk from raging wildfires (and how to avoid them)